Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sharpen your skill as a programmer

The last couple months I've been involved with iPhone (2G / 3G / 3GS / 4) hardware and software repairs. Learning and practicing all the components that makes up an iPhone and reviving them even when it is completely dead from water damage. I've learned a great deal about them (You can read all about it on http://www.dociphone.com). However, I haven't had the time to do much coding at all.

I spoke with a very good friend of mine Money Mike about the issue. We brain-stormed on different ideas and we approached as if we were athletes training for an event. As a swimmer I practiced the fundamentals of kicking and breathing of swimming as part of my daily routine and I'm sure Kobe Bryant practices his basic free throws daily. As a programmer we ought keep our mind sharp and below are the routine that we came up with.

Updated on December 7th, 2010: I've revised the routine to something I've been doing.
First thing upon awake at 6:40am & last thing before going to sleep at 10:30pm (twice a day):


Prior watching a movie or a TV show:
  • Solve Rubik's cube 3x3x3 or 4x4x4 or 5x5x5 Rubik's Cube at least once


Once awhile:

To keep track of my progress. I have recorded my results on a Google doc spreadsheet and compiled the arithmetic portion into an annotated chart here.

No comments:

Post a Comment